Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
1. A. Williams Construction ("The Employer") desires to practice equal opportunity with respect to all activities concerning its employees.
a. Management has promulgated these guidelines on a strictly voluntary basis.
b. The existence of these guidelines however should not be construed as an admission either in whole or in part that the Employer has engaged in any activity whereby minorities or women have been or are presently being underutilized, concentrated or discriminated against in any way in violation of federal, state or local fair employment practice laws.
2. In developing and implementing this policy, the Employer has been guided by its established pre-existing policy of providing equal employment opportunity.
a. All targets which the Employer has established shall not be considered rigid, inflexible quotas but rather reasonable objectives to be achieved in good faith.
b. The use of goals and timetables by the Employer shall not discriminate against an individual or group of individuals with respect to any employment opportunity for which he, she or they are qualified on the grounds that he, she or they are not the beneficiaries of affirmative action themselves since the Employer does not sanction the discriminatory treatment of any person.
B. EEO Policy Statement.
1. It is the policy of the Employer not to make any adverse employment decisions against minorities or women with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment, provided the individual is qualified to perform the work available.
2. It is the policy to the Employer to comply voluntarily with the concepts and practices of affirmative action.
3. An officer of the Employer will review, supervise and evaluate the Company's affirmative action program and will monitor that program and make reports periodically and on an on-going basis to management.
4. Employment decisions shall be made after considering the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO).
5. Promotion decisions shall be consistent with the principle of EEO; qualifications for promotion shall consist of merit and ability.
6. All personnel actions and programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, recalls, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance and social and recreational programs will be administered in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to minorities and women, provided the individual is qualified to perform the work available.
C. Reaffirmation of EEO Policy Statement.
1. The Employer:
a. Shall continue to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, and to continue to recruit, hire, train, promote and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
b. Employment decisions in all areas will be made on the basis of furthering the objective of equal employment.
c. The recruitment, testing and hiring of all personnel will be without discrimination against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Attempts will be made to contact known sources of minority and women potential applicants so as to maximize the participation of such applicants.
d. All employees will be upgraded and promoted on the basis of their abilities, skills and experience.
e. Management will attempt to effectuate transfers of minority and women employees whenever such transfers will increase the likelihood of greater job opportunity in areas where minority and female employees may have been or may now be underutilized.
f. If layoffs occur, they will be based on nondiscriminatory policies.
g. Personnel decisions affecting employees in areas such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoff, Company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance and social and recreational programs will be made and implemented without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
h. The Employer will periodically review personnel actions and collect data on a continuing basis to review all actions taken.
i. All employee benefits will be administered consistent with federal law.
j. New employees will be apprised of the Employer's equal opportunity policy at employee orientation and management training programs.
k. Periodic meetings may be held to re-emphasize to management and employees the Employers' commitment to EEO.
l. Equal employment opportunity policy will be posted on bulletin boards (in English and Spanish).
m. Employees are encouraged to bring questions, comments or complaints with respect to the Company's EEO/affirmative action policy, or the implementation and administration of that policy, to the Managers attention.
n. Management has communicated and will continue to publicize that it does not tolerate or permit harassment of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
o. All recruitment sources will be reminded of the Employer's commitment to EEO and affirmative action.
All applicants will be treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Recruitment sources will be advised that the Employer actively seeks qualified women and minorities for employment.
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE