A. Williams Construction: Awards
Our intention when we started A. Williams Construction was to secure a way to make a good living.
We never dreamed that our hard work would be so greatly appreciated by so many people in this city.
We are humbled by all of the recognition we have received and sincerely appreciate the accolades.
* Small Business Award of the Year (Crains) - 1999.
* Contractor of the Year Award - (US Small Business Administration).
* Administrator's Award for Excellence - (US Small Business Administration).
* Special Achievement Award - (NYS Association of Minority Contractors).
* Business Achievement Award - (Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce).
* Contractor of the Year Award - (US Department of Commerce/MBDA).
* WBE Award of Excellence - (NYS Competitive Edge).
* Special Recognition Award - (Assoc. of Minority Business Enterprise of NY).
* Business Award - (South West Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation).
* Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Business and Community - (Trinidad & Tobago Alliance)
* Entrepreneur of the Year Award - (Trinidad & Tobago Independence Committee).
* Excellence in Business Award - (West Indian American Day Carnival Association).
* Trailblazer Business Award - (Christian Times).
* Top Twenty Women in Construction and Real Estate - (Development New York Magazine).
* Salute to Women of Achievement - (Professional Women In Construction).
* Regional Alliance for Small Contractors - (Trail Blazer Award).
* The Black Rose Award - (NYS Association of Black Women Enterprises).
* Women of Achievement Award - Boy Scouts of America.
* Community Service Award - Brooklyn Boys and Girls Club.
* Service to the Community Award - Brooklyn Public Library.
* Women's History Maker Award - Caribbean American Center of NY.
* National Women's History Month - NYC Council.
* Women's History Makers - Mayor Giuliani.
* Women of Great Esteem Award - Interfaith Kingdom Ministries.
* Congressional Achievement Award - Gregroy Meeks.
* Republican National Committee Award - Chairman Ed Gillespie.
* Emily Roebling Award - Borough President Marty Markowitz.
* Family Award - Brooklyn Church Women United.
* Distinguish Community Service Award - Metropolitan Jewish Hospice.
* National Leadership Award - Republican National Committee.
* Ovation Award - Brooklyn Center for Performing Arts.
* Stuy/Park Lions Club Award
A. Williams has also been very supportive of our elected officials who serve our community so very well. For this A. Williams has received numerous citations, proclamations, and special recognition from Governors Cuomo and Pataki, Mayor Giuliani, US Congressman Gregory Meeks, several NY State Senators and Assembly Members, City Council Members, Borough Presidents and Public Advocates.